|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
This technique is a great "quick draw" opening in the backhand position. I'm sure it'll become one of your favorites.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the basic backhand closed position with the latch in the groove of the middle knuckle of the index finger.
2. Cover the latch with your thumb to secure it in place.
3. Pull up with your hand as you let go with the middle, ring finger and pinky.
5. Turning the wrist back a little will put some snap into the technique.
6. Finish with the latch handle "in" toward your palm.
7. Turn the Balisong in your hand, as in the screwdriver motion and.......
8. Repeat the above steps to close.
11. You should finish in the backhand closed position with the latch facing "in" toward your palm.
To change it up a little you could add a back hand pass into the mix. Perform the opening & closing as described above. You should finish with the latch handle "in", setting you up for a backhand pass with a safe handle catch. Repeat in the other direction. Continue for as long as you can.