|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
False Backhand opening
This technique begins as though executing a Backhand basic technique........... but ends up in a Forward grip open position. With some practice, this technique can be snapped open very quickly.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the Backhand grip, closed position.
2. As you begin, slide the Index finger downward toward the pivot point.
3. As the bite handle falls, tuck the Middle, Ring finger and Pinky in, so that the bite handle can pass beneath.
4. When the bite handle passes, straighten the Middle, Ring finger and Pinky out, and pull the Thumb out of the way and over to the other side of the safe handle.
5. Pull the Index finger back slightly so the bite handle can clear.......
6........ to the Forward grip, open position.