|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
This one also uses two different grips, only this time it's the Thumb pressure grip that starts, and the knuckle pinch that finishes........ easier said than done.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the Backhand closed position. either handle forward will do, example shows latch handle forward.
2. Flick the latch open with the thumb tip, and allow the forward facing handle to drop away.
Straighten out the fingers to let the handle clear. Use thumb pressure to hold the handle securely against the upper palm.
4. As the handle reaches bottom, dip the wrist forward and down to help the handle over the top, while changing to knuckle pinch grip.
5. Clearing the thumb might take some work, but you'll get it.
7. Repeat the above steps to close.
This move is a little bit more difficult than the forward version. The hard part being the transition form Thumb pressure grip to Knuckle pinch grip. The Thumb is much more difficult to clear out of the way than the fingers. Keep at it, eventually it'll come.
To test yourself, see how many times you can execute the technique in a minute....... not an easy task!