|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
This basic opening/closing move is simple at the beginners level, yet at an advanced level it becomes a lightening fast quick draw into the forward grip position.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the basic forward grip, closed position. Latch handle should be "up".
2. Dip your wrist a little, as you allow the safe handle to fall away. To hold the grip, push (the handle) with your thumb into the area between the 1st and 2nd knuckle of your index finger. Straighten all other fingers and allow the handle to clear.
3. Pull your wrist back (toward your forearm) a little as the handle comes over.
4. Clear the thumb to allow the handle to pass.
5. End in the forward grip, open position.
6. Execute the same movement to close. This time you'll be holding the safe handle and allowing the latch handle to fall away.
9. Notice how you're alternating handles from the opening to the closing.
The variation would be to complete the opening & closing holding the safe handle only. To do this, you'll have to turn your wrist slightly (downward), and push the handle away with your thumb. With practice, you'll be able to open & close, over and over again, in rapid succession......Try it!