|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
basicThe basic horizontal opening will give you a feel for the correct "grip" of the handle......"not too loose, not too tight". You'll also get to experience the ricochet, which might be a bit painful at first, but.... "No pain, no gain".......right?
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the forward grip, closed position.
2. Send the latch handle out .........
3. ........toward the back of your hand.
4. Just before the handle can strike the back of the hand, ease up on your grip to allow the handle to rotate in your palm. Let the momentum help you.
5. Continue the motion around. At this point the Balisong has completed a circle in front of your hand.
6. Keep it moving........
8. Now ricochet the back of the blade off of the back of your hand........
9. ....... this will send the Balisong in the opposite direction.......
12. .....you complete the opening, in the forward grip, open position.
To add speed and snap to the ricochets, torque the wrist in the direction the handle is moving, just at the point of contact.