|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
Half pivots are a great transition move. A way of getting from forward grip, to backhand grip in no time, with little effort.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the forward grip, open position. Wrist bent in slightly. Thumb and middle finger directly opposing each other.
2. Flick the wrist out and away from the body a little, to start the motion......
3. ....at the same time, point the index finger straight out so the butt will clear as it swings by, and let go with the ring finger and pinky.
5. Stop the motion with the index finger, forward grip, open position.
7. Repeat in the opposite direction......
10......until you're back where you started.
To keep the Balisong from flying out of your hand in steps 2 & 3, try to position the thumb and middle finger tips in the slot where the handles meet. The groove will help you keep your grip.