|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
Vertical throw to Backhand open catch
This technique can be done from a static start, as well as the motion start (shown).
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the Forward grip closed position, safe handle into your palm.
2. Execute a regular Vertical opening to begin the move.
3. As mentioned, this can, and should, be practiced from a static start as well.
4. Ricochete off of the back of the hand, and send the handle downward.
6. Ricochete, off of the fingers and bring the handle back upward.
9. ........and start bringing your hand up......
10. .....to the catch position.
11. Cenfrifugal force will whip the blade over, and out of the way..........
12. ........ just in time for the safe handle to enter the web of the Thumb.
13. Ending in the Backhand grip open position catch.
Notice that you're only looking at about half a rotation, so the move from release, up to the catch position, must be a quick one.