|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
Half circleThis technique is done using the open Balisong. The Hyper drop techniques are actually exercises to help you focus on the handle, while out of your hand. You'll find yourself recovering from drops faster, and in a manageable way.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. In this example we'll start in the Backhand grip, open position.
2. Raise your hand in a smooth motion.
3. Release the Balisong, and allow it to make one rotation in the air.
8. Catch in the opposite grip. In this case, it would be Forward grip, open position.
10. Now take it back to Backhand grip.
12. Alternate between clockwise, and counter clockwise when you work on this exercise, alwayse switching between Forward and Backhand grip.
The position you start off in is not important to this exercise. Alternating between Forward grip, and Backhand grip is.
Smooth motion at the point of release is as well, as it dictates the motion of the Balisong in the air