|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
Full circleThis technique is done using the open Balisong. The Hyper drop techniques are actually exercises to help you focus on the handle, while out of your hand. You'll find yourself recovering from drops faster, and in a manageable way.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in the Backhand grip, open position.
2. Lift your hand while turning your wrist "in".
3. Release when the Balisong reaches horizontal.
7. After one rotation in the air, catch the Balisong in the same position you started in.
10. Now do the same thing, around the back of the hand this time.
16. Once again, catch in the Backhand grip, open position.
What you're actually doing here, is a succession of clockwise and counter clockwise rotations around your hand, always landing in the same position.
For this example, I only show the Backhand grip version. This should also be practiced in the Forward grip.