|Home Techniques B-X store Links Advertise with us|
Tips & Tricks
Video & Book reviews
About the Author
Backhand twirl pass
A cool finger twirl pass from the back side, grabbing the same handle.
Download an AVI of the technique here.
Preview the Technique here with the smaller GIF file.
1. Start in a backhand grip, closed position. Safe handle "IN".
2. Start the motion as if executing a Backhand basic opening.
You'll find it easier if you pull your Ring finger and Pinky off of the handle........
3. .........and let the safe handle come around between the Middle and Ring fingers of the right hand.
4. The Index finger of the Left hand (in this case) points down toward the floor and the Middle, Ring fingers and Pinky are extended straight out. This gives the clearance for the safe handle to be passed between the Index and Middle fingers of the left hand.
6. After the pass, turn you wrist over to keep the motion going and you're in position to finish the move with a Horizontal basic opening.